The Center for Computational Mathematics (CCM) directed by Leslie Greengard, aims to create new mathematical approaches, algorithms and software to advance scientific research in multiple disciplines, often in collaboration with other Flatiron Centers.
CCM is seeking a full-time Coordinator. Reporting to the manager for center administration, the Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the financial, clerical and administrative operations of the center. This individual will coordinate the activities of a vigorous research program, including planning visitor itineraries, arranging guest travel, processing reimbursements and managing event venue logistics for frequent seminars and workshops. The Coordinator will be an integral part of the center’s administrative processes.
- Filing, creating and responding to routine correspondence and preparing expense reports via Concur for internal staff as well as external constituencies (consultants, visitors, etc.).
- Take proactive responsibility for the coordination of the center team’s activities within and outside of the Simons Foundation/Flatiron Institute; effectively maintain calendars, schedule appointments and make travel and conference arrangements in conjunction with the Events Team.
- Assist with meetings and workshops including polling for availability, collecting meeting materials, coordinating internal calendars and maintaining the center’s contact lists.
- Foster and build good working relationships, both internally and externally. The Coordinator must be able to work well with a variety of people.
- Serve as liaison or main point of contact between staff and center visitors and guests, coordinating meetings and special events.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2–4 years of experience in high-level administrative support including project management
- 2–4 years of experience coordinating travel, handling complex calendars for various high-level personnel, scheduling and hosting events, and handling confidential information is necessary.
- Previous work in research or academic setting is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Consistent accuracy, careful attention to detail and the ability to multitask and organize many complex assignments and activities simultaneously is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Resourcefulness and good judgment
- Willingness to take responsibility and the capacity to function well with minimal oversight
- Ability to interact with a diverse population and a can-do spirit to help create a team culture
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a résumé and cover letter describing your interest in this position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.