Who We Are:
FJC – A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds (FJC) a boutique public charity that offers a diverse menu of philanthropic services to a range of stakeholders. With $386 million under management, FJC is primarily a platform for Donor Advised Funds (DAFs). In addition to DAF accounts, its over 1,000 accounts include fiscal sponsorships, collective giving accounts, and many other philanthropic vehicles that enable nonprofit organizations and their supporters to achieve their missions. To date, over $535 million in grants and $364 million in loans have been made to charities around the globe. Part of our mission is to offer our account holders innovative and effective ways to maximize their giving and help them meet their philanthropic goals.
For the role of Administrative Coordinator, we are seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual who is comfortable working in a performance-based environment. The Administrative Coordinator will be cross-trained to perform diverse administrative duties for all aspects of FJC - including supporting the Senior Management Team, Grants, Finance, Marketing and Fiscal Sponsorship Program. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high functioning team while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector. The Administrative Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for communications between FJC, current donors, prospective donors, nonprofit organizations and the general public.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for account holders and prospective clients. Fielding questions and reffering inquiries to the appropriate staff members. Troubleshooting donor issues and providing technical assistance
- Researching grantees and assisting the Grants Administrator with weekly disbursements. Monitoring payment processing of grants, including proactive outreach to grantees to help facilitate ACH payments
- Providing support to the finance team in processing and receipting donations
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic files
- Ordering supplies, handling vendor relationships and assisting with accounts payable
- Collaborating with other staff, work sharing, and general team support
- Managing schedules for meetings and webinars
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office environment
- Experience working with clients and responding promptly to internal and external inquiries and providing excellent customer service
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of various teams
- Possess strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and handle highly confidential information
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
Note: FJC is based in New York City. For the time being our operations are 100% remote. All applicants must reside in the NYC region and be available to routinely meet in person when conditions allow this to happen safely.