ELMA Philanthropies is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join its NYC team. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working closely with the Director of Global Operations, the Administrative Coordinator will be the front desk receptionist, lead on booking and coordinating the logistics on all domestic and international travel for local and global teams, and coordinate all aspects of the day-to-day office operations and facility administration.
About ELMA Philanthropies:
With offices in New York City, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Kampala, ELMA Philanthropies develops program strategies, identifies grant and other investment opportunities, monitors and evaluates investment performance, and manages strategic partnerships for the ELMA Group of Foundations. This group includes the ELMA Foundation, the ELMA Relief Foundation, the ELMA Vaccines and Immunization Foundation, the ELMA Music Foundation, the ELMA Growth Foundation, the ELMA Caribbean Foundation and the ELMA South Africa Foundation. ELMA Philanthropies is largely focused on providing these services to the largest foundation within the group, the ELMA Foundation. A full description of the investment frameworks and activities of each foundation can be found on our website: www.elmaphilanthropies.org.
The largest of the ELMA foundations is The ELMA Foundation. The ELMA Foundation invests in organizations that improve the lives of children in Africa.
The ELMA Relief Foundation invests in crisis response, recovery, and resilience efforts anywhere in the world, with an emphasis on those that affect children in Africa.
The ELMA South Africa Foundation invests in organizations supporting development and progress in South Africa.
The ELMA Music Foundation invests in organizations that use music to improve youth outcomes in the United States and South Africa. The ELMA Music Foundation (U.S.) has the same focus, but just in the United States.
The ELMA Vaccines and Immunization Foundation invests in organizations that expand vaccine and immunization coverage, primarily in Africa.
The ELMA Growth Foundation invests in the growth of African organizations that serve communities experiencing economic hardship.
The ELMA Climate Foundation invests in organizations and initiatives combatting climate change.
The ELMA Caribbean Foundation invests in healthcare, climate resilience, and disaster response in the Caribbean.
The ELMA Foundation (U.S.) invests occasionally in organizations focused on improving the lives of children in the United States.
The Administrative Coordinator’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Front desk reception – serving as the ambassador for the organization, answering and directing phone calls and welcoming guests and colleagues with warmth and a sense of pride and excellence
- Coordinating travel, hotels, transportation, and visas for our U.S. and global team, as well as for our guests as requested
- Creating and maintaining up to date travel logs and schedules for the team
- Supporting scheduling of meetings for Program Directors
- Fulfill administrative tasks as requested by the Operations Manager, Director of Global Operations, and other directors and the executive team as requested
- Maintaining an organized and appropriately supplied kitchen and wellness/lactation room
- Maintaining and managing an appropriate office supply inventory
- Managing conference rooms and their respective calendars
- Ensuring all office common areas are clean, tidy, and organized
- Coordinating food and beverage orders, catering services, and set-up and clean-up for various meetings
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and the office building management
- Following ELMA’s social and environmental committees’ procurement policies and practices
- Identifying opportunities to improve the administrative functions of the office and ensure efficient and smooth day-to-day business operations
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail and deliveries; managing outgoing mail and packages
- Providing physical file management as requested
- Minor physical exertion and/or strain
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to form an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Alignment to Values:
All ELMA employees are expected to demonstrate fit with ELMA’s organizational values and culture. Specifically, all employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to:
- ELMA’s core values: humility and integrity; respect for human dignity and diversity; pursuit of excellence; commitment to partnership; and a results-orientation informed by continuous learning; and
- Gender equity, social justice, and combatting white supremacy, patriarchy, homophobia, colonialism, and other intersecting systems of oppression.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred
- A minimum of four years’ experience in office operations and administration
- Strong time-management, judgement, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills; the ability to collaborate on internal teams of diverse backgrounds as well as with external stakeholders and partners
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to rapid change; a self-starter and team-player
- A strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Products and aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Experience with coordinating international executive travel
- The ability to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- The ability to work in-person in New York City from 8:30am-5:30pm
Salary, Benefits & Other Details:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications with attractive benefits. The salary range for this position is USD70,000-80,000.
- ELMA is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protecting the safety of our employees. All U.S. employees will be required to be fully vaccinated unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious reason.
- ELMA employees are expected to work in the office located in New York City from Monday to Thursday, with the option to work remotely on Friday. On occasion, ELMA employees will be required to work in the office on Fridays.
How to Apply:
ELMA Philanthropies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your application with the following:
- A cover letter
- Details of contactable references