The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Assistant to join the Foundation’s Power team working to transform the livelihoods of hundreds of million people by unleashing the full potential of decentralized renewable power to end energy poverty. Reporting to the Directors, the Administrative Assistant will support the team and contribute to the execution of the initiative’s work in Puerto Rico and Sub-Sahara Africa.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Power Team Coordinator to ensure seamless team support and conduct special projects. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven self-starter who is eager to take on challenges and expand their work load over time. This position requires reliability, organization, the ability to anticipate the needs of the Directors, and above all, a desire to learn and grow.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain calendars for the two directors, including identify key deadlines /milestones in team plans and flag as necessary follow-up.
- Assist in organizing internal and external meetings and events.
- Facilitate and coordinate communication within internal departments.
- Work closely with the Team Coordinator to plan team meetings, retreats, travel, and bi-weekly calls.
- Arrange appointments and travel, including complex international travel itineraries and prepare subsequent expense reporting for the officers.
- Prepare expense reports in Concur.
- Assist the Director, Puerto Rico Resilience in special research projects and assist in project management.
- Prepare and print presentation materials.
- Take and synthesize notes from meetings; ensure resolution of next steps.
- Maintain files — paper as well as electronic (Box).
- Research, proofread and edit, as needed.
- Grant-making, contract, and budget support: Assist the team in monitoring the department budget through data entry and the preparation of reports, among other duties.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Language: Spanish Required.
- Minimum of four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years administrative work experience in a similar position.
- Experience supporting multiple managers and providing support to a larger team.
- Experience conducting online research preferred.
- Computer proficiency in: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Internet search skills, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Administration: Excellent client relationship, correspondence and contact management; meeting organization and note-taking, travel management, reporting, human and financial management.
- Research and Documentation: Strong literature search, synthesis and documentation skills, presentation development and editing, strong writing and grammatical editing capacity (English).
- Knowledge Management: Strong organizational skills, electronic and paper archiving; familiarity with knowledge management tools and practices.
- Execution: Sense of urgency and responsibility, meets deadlines, takes initiative, drives for results, ability to prioritize work, ability to multi-task and work under pressure, attention to detail.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates highest standards of discretion, dependability, and decorum; demonstrated capacity to handle sensitive relationships and information.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal abilities; good listening skills, writing and verbal skills, intercultural appreciation, interpersonal abilities, adaptable and flexible.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces. The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.