**This program has been postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.**
- November 6 – Legal Series - Within the Law and Outside the Box (Series Launch)
- January 30 – Legal Series - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- February 26 - Legal Series - International Grantmaking
- March 25 – Legal Series - Fiscal Sponsorships - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls
Fiscal sponsorship has evolved as an effective and efficient mode of starting new nonprofits, seeding social movements, and delivering public services. Fiscal sponsorship has become a popular, widespread and a reputable vehicle for a flexible and immediate response to a range of activities from arts to environmental activism to international aid. Over the years, corporate, foundation and individual donors have partnered with fiscal sponsors to create and fund projects, develop new grantmaking programs and build funding collaboratives. However, the dos and don’ts are often still unclear to the parties involved: funders, fiscal sponsors and project directors.
Come hear from a panel of experts with a wide-ranging experience in assisting with fiscal sponsorships and learn how you can maximize your ability to support creative and important projects from nonexempt organizations.
- What fiscal sponsorship encompasses
- How to practice fiscal sponsorships legally
- Best practices in fiscal sponsorships – compliance, record-keeping, decision-making
- Transitioning projects or spinning off
- Opportunities and risks
- Jillian Diamant, Deputy General Counsel, Ford Foundation
- Nicholas Hodges, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
- Kathryn O’Neal-Dunham (Moderator), Chief Operating Officer, Philanthropy New York
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by March 24.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.